Hello people.
I'll be sharing my experience at the 2019 Lagos Myfarmbase Hangout at Ikoyi.
I'm really looking forward to it and will be updating you on the event as it happens.
Follow me along.
Myfarmbase Lagos Hangout Experience
Myfarmbase Lagos Hangout Experience
Last edited by demola on Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Myfarmbase Lagos Hangout Experience
I'm currently on my way from Berger in a BRT to CMS. Lagos is a beautiful city.
Last edited by demola on Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Myfarmbase Lagos Hangout Experience
Waoh. This is my first time using the new Lagos BRT. I'm enjoying this ride. Nice air-conditioned bus. The driver is also jamming some nice old naija songs.
From Davido (Aye), to wizkd. I'm feeling this.
From Davido (Aye), to wizkd. I'm feeling this.
- Attachments
-
- BRT.jpg (94.98 KiB) Viewed 19107 times
Re: Myfarmbase Lagos Hangout Experience
Update: Got to TBS from Berger and woah! The ride from Berger using the new BRT was a real nice experience. Hope to try it some other time I'm in Lagos. I check the time. I'm running late already! I need to hurry.
Instead of getting a cab, I boarded a bike straight to the location in Ikoyi.
Instead of getting a cab, I boarded a bike straight to the location in Ikoyi.
- Attachments
-
- 20191214_161823.jpg (117.88 KiB) Viewed 19099 times
Last edited by demola on Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Myfarmbase Lagos Hangout Experience
I'm here at the venue. Finally! Though late but still on time for the introduction and networking session.
- Attachments
-
- 20191214_170327.jpg (102.64 KiB) Viewed 19083 times
Last edited by demola on Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Myfarmbase Lagos Hangout Experience
Invited Guest:
- Opeyemi Agbato (Executive Director, Animal Care)
- Opeyemi Sowemimo (Owner, Opefarms)
- Victoria Nwadoka (Corporate Communications, Nestle)
- Ayodele Balogun (Regional Director, Afex Commodity Exchange)
- Opeyemi Agbato (Executive Director, Animal Care)
- Opeyemi Sowemimo (Owner, Opefarms)
- Victoria Nwadoka (Corporate Communications, Nestle)
- Ayodele Balogun (Regional Director, Afex Commodity Exchange)
- Attachments
-
- 20191214_174118.jpg (87.45 KiB) Viewed 19098 times
Re: Myfarmbase Lagos Hangout Experience
Lessons learnt:
This is my summary. Thank you for reading..
- As farmers, we need less of competition and more of collaboration. We have about million mouths to feed and therefore we need to collaborate better and find ways we can help ourselves and not one person can do it alone.
- Start we the end in mind. It is good to have a good product, but when you have a good product without buyers, it becomes a waste. Who are your potential customers? Is there a ready market for your product? What needs are you try to fill? These are questions we should ask ourselves before embarking on the journey.
- Don't ever feel too big to be an intern. Ensure you have a mentor who already knows the ropes and who can guide you through the process.
- Learn to keep your books and accounts as much as possible. In the case you need loans, grants, etc. These will come in handy
This is my summary. Thank you for reading..