Myfarmbase Lagos Hangout Experience

Are you have an agro meetup? Lagos, Abeokuta, Benue, Ibadan, etc. Share the details here. Let's hangout together and share ideas while networking at the same time.
Post Reply
demola
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:37 pm

Myfarmbase Lagos Hangout Experience

Post by demola »

Hello people.
I'll be sharing my experience at the 2019 Lagos Myfarmbase Hangout at Ikoyi.

I'm really looking forward to it and will be updating you on the event as it happens.

Follow me along.
Last edited by demola on Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
demola
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:37 pm

Re: Myfarmbase Lagos Hangout Experience

Post by demola »

I'm currently on my way from Berger in a BRT to CMS. Lagos is a beautiful city.
Last edited by demola on Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
demola
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:37 pm

Re: Myfarmbase Lagos Hangout Experience

Post by demola »

Waoh. This is my first time using the new Lagos BRT. I'm enjoying this ride. Nice air-conditioned bus. The driver is also jamming some nice old naija songs.

From Davido (Aye), to wizkd. I'm feeling this.
Attachments
BRT.jpg
BRT.jpg (94.98 KiB) Viewed 19114 times
demola
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:37 pm

Re: Myfarmbase Lagos Hangout Experience

Post by demola »

Update: Got to TBS from Berger and woah! The ride from Berger using the new BRT was a real nice experience. Hope to try it some other time I'm in Lagos. I check the time. I'm running late already! I need to hurry.
Instead of getting a cab, I boarded a bike straight to the location in Ikoyi.
Attachments
20191214_161823.jpg
20191214_161823.jpg (117.88 KiB) Viewed 19106 times
Last edited by demola on Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
demola
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:37 pm

Re: Myfarmbase Lagos Hangout Experience

Post by demola »

I'm here at the venue. Finally! Though late but still on time for the introduction and networking session.
Attachments
20191214_170327.jpg
20191214_170327.jpg (102.64 KiB) Viewed 19090 times
Last edited by demola on Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
demola
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:37 pm

Re: Myfarmbase Lagos Hangout Experience

Post by demola »

Invited Guest:
- Opeyemi Agbato (Executive Director, Animal Care)
- Opeyemi Sowemimo (Owner, Opefarms)
- Victoria Nwadoka (Corporate Communications, Nestle)
- Ayodele Balogun (Regional Director, Afex Commodity Exchange)
Attachments
20191214_174118.jpg
20191214_174118.jpg (87.45 KiB) Viewed 19105 times
demola
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:37 pm

Re: Myfarmbase Lagos Hangout Experience

Post by demola »

Lessons learnt:
  • As farmers, we need less of competition and more of collaboration. We have about million mouths to feed and therefore we need to collaborate better and find ways we can help ourselves and not one person can do it alone.
  • Start we the end in mind. It is good to have a good product, but when you have a good product without buyers, it becomes a waste. Who are your potential customers? Is there a ready market for your product? What needs are you try to fill? These are questions we should ask ourselves before embarking on the journey.
  • Don't ever feel too big to be an intern. Ensure you have a mentor who already knows the ropes and who can guide you through the process.
  • Learn to keep your books and accounts as much as possible. In the case you need loans, grants, etc. These will come in handy
Where you at the Hangout? Lagos? Abeokuta? Ibadan? Can you also share your experience?

This is my summary. Thank you for reading.. :D
Post Reply